Backgound check- In Canada and US

Tenant Screening, Landlord Screening, Online Tenant Screening, Tenant Screening Checks, and Tenant Screening Credit Checks

Information accessible to every landlord

This blog is the result of countless hours of research over the internet. We have tried to put together some of the services that you as a landlord would need.. Criminal and Credit check, free advertising of your property, Collection agency, Security cameras, legal forms, informational web site for each of the states in the US and in Canada to cover all the laws concerning Landlord and Tenants, etc. Each week I will try to add more and more useful information that applies to landlords. I have rental property in both the US and Canada. Read about my nightmare tenant and you'll see why it is important to follow all the steps. Taking the time now, will eliminate future financial headaches. I will post as many tips to help you out as I can. There is nothing like a nightmare tenant to motivate a landlord to put the case on the internet. After winning my case against this tenant I decided to make my case public. Although I won, I still cannot collect my overdue rent and legal fees in excess of $12,000,-- In addition I put the amounts owed through small claims court and only claimed $10,000. This amount will forever be in his file. The important issue, we were able to evict him. Nothing worse than a tenant who is not paying and you unable to evict him. Read my story and you'll see why.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Canada -Tax form and guide pertaining to Rental Income reporting for Tax purposes- for CANADA

 The official Rental Guide used in Canada  can be found on the CRA site or  you can just click on the LINK.  It is about 32 pages and it is the 2010 version.    It basically spells out the expenses you can claim and those you cannot.  It gives you the different classes in order to determine your rate of depreciation also known as the capial cost adjustment (CCA)This guide will be updated every year as soon as Canada Revenue Agency comes out with a new guide.  The Statement of Real Estate rentals also known as the T776 has also been download from the official CRA site.  It can be used as a guide on what expenses are allowed.  It consists of two pages. The first page lists all the expenses and page 2 is recerved for CCA or depreciation calculation.  I hope this is not too tecnical for you.  I can post small snippets as we get closer to tax time. If you have a specific question, post it here and I will try and answer it with a new post.
Click Here for the rental guide .
Click here for the T776 - this form lists all the expenses for your rental property.

      

No comments: